Thursday, February 2, 2012

CAO OSA Sol Lot 50

There has been a lot of talk about the new line from CAO. Some good, some undecided, some decidedly not good. It has always been my own personal policy, though, to make up my own mind about something rather than letting someone dictate what my decision should be. Personally, I was excited about trying the OSA Sol. On a recent trip to Seattle, Washington, I decided to visit several B&Ms with the hope that several new cigar lines would be found. I was happy that the OSA Sol was among those I found.

The wrapper on this cigar was very dry looking, no real oily sheen or anything. It was very dark. A dark chocolate brown. The aroma on the wrapper and foot was a simple tobacco aroma. The pre-light draw left a slight pepper tingle on my lips but was otherwise unremarkable.


As I lit up this cigar, I was surprised. The CAO cigars I've enjoyed in the past are usually a solid medium strength, maybe medium-full. Immediately this cigar was very strong. I would call it full strength, but not all the way full. Probably on the low end of full. Later on, the strength settled down to a high medium. The flavors were of very strong coffee and earth.

Early on, I began to worry that the cigar was going to be too much for me. I started to feel a little light-headed. I decided I would need to pair the cigar with something for balance. Quickly I decided...I needed chocolate! And milk chocolate paired perfectly with this cigar. It provided the balance I needed to make the smoke much more enjoyable.

To sum up this experience, I would say that I liked the OSA Sol. However, I'm not sure whether I would smoke one often. It's possible that this cigar ages well. I guess I'll soon find out...I have one more in my humidor. I'm going to give it another 6 months or so (maybe more) and put it to the test. If anyone reading is a fan of very strong cigars, this one might be right up your alley. Just try to get a good meal in first!

Until next time, as always...go grab some cigars and burn em down!

No comments:

Post a Comment